Thanks, Rick...

Good words... good thoughts.

I'm always for the idea of getting more sleep, but I'm not sure
anybody wants to see what I'm like on less caffeine. It gets ugly. I
do appreciate the honesty around here, and there's little of the
backbiting that happens in so many communities after they've matured
enough to have an "inner circle" or "regs" as other communities call
them.

I think, honestly, that some of the sharper comments I've made lately
may have been mitigated by getting more sleep... and if I've
contributed to the discomfort of others by making those statements...
well... I'd feel bad. It's often very hard to discern the fine line
between calling a spade a spade and being unduly harsh... perhaps I
crossed a line along the way. If so, my apologies to all offended.

Thanks again, Rick, for the reminder that there's always *people*
behind these black-on-white lines of text.

Laterz,

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 12:25:42 -0500, Rick Faircloth
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > From Scott Stroz:
>
> > UNSUBSCRIBE
>
> Scott,
>
> I know you're probably unsubscribing because of the incivility
> shown on this list in the last couple of days...and it has been bad.
>
> However, there is a lot to be gained from monitoring and participating
> in this list.  I would never have been able to get a business based on
> web design that utilizing Cold Fusion without it.  It's not always this
> bad...usually, it's quite civil.
>
> Now, to speak the CF-Talk family...forgive my forwardness in speaking
> to the group like this, but this little "family" has begun to act like too
> many
> real families.  Unable to carry on conversation without argument, sometimes
> profanity, undue criticism, etc.  Many real families fall apart when it gets
> like this...the same is true for "online families" and I think, if my
> instinct is correct,
> that Scott Stroz may be the first victim of this CF family's misbehavior.
>
> We need to temper criticism of other people and, especially, their websites
> and products.  Criticism can be constructive and given in that light is
> usually welcome
> by the producers.  But the kind of criticism, even lately of free products,
> has been
> quite over-the-top.  I think some of us need a vacation, or at least more
> sleep and
> less caffeine!
<snippages>

--