-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Stroz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2005 12:43 PM
To: CF-Talk

Rick,

I was joking.  The guy from smartsurfonline said it was easy to
unsubscribe to their mailing list.  I was taking an unprovoked jab at
him.

I love CF-Talk, the humor, the drama, the mud slinging...oh, yea,
there sometimes some good tech related stuff here too ;-)

Scott

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 12:25:42 -0500, Rick Faircloth
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > From Scott Stroz:
>
> > UNSUBSCRIBE
>
> Scott,
>
> I know you're probably unsubscribing because of the incivility
> shown on this list in the last couple of days...and it has been bad.
>
> However, there is a lot to be gained from monitoring and participating
> in this list.  I would never have been able to get a business based on
> web design that utilizing Cold Fusion without it.  It's not always this
> bad...usually, it's quite civil.
>
> Now, to speak the CF-Talk family...forgive my forwardness in speaking
> to the group like this, but this little "family" has begun to act like too
> many
> real families.  Unable to carry on conversation without argument,
sometimes
> profanity, undue criticism, etc.  Many real families fall apart when it
gets
> like this...the same is true for "online families" and I think, if my
> instinct is correct,
> that Scott Stroz may be the first victim of this CF family's misbehavior.
>
> We need to temper criticism of other people and, especially, their
websites
> and products.  Criticism can be constructive and given in that light is
> usually welcome
> by the producers.  But the kind of criticism, even lately of free
products,
> has been
> quite over-the-top.  I think some of us need a vacation, or at least more
> sleep and
> less caffeine!
>
> In groups like this one, it's easy for the "inner circle" to become very
> familiar with
> each other and, like in all personal relationships, get a little too
relaxed
> with what
> we say.  People who sign up for the form, because of their interest in
Cold