Jim,

So lets say I have code at the top of every page in my application
that checks for the existence of certain session variables and if it
doesn't find them redirects the user to a login page.

You're saying that I could define this once in application.cfc and set
the behavior for the entire application?  Tthis could be a huge
timesaver for me in building portals.

Rick Mason