Thanks Michael!  I'll do that. EC

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Dinowitz
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, March 14, 2005 3:47 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Dealing with bounced email

There are actually less than a dozen formats that
account for over 90% of
the bounced mail you'll get. I've been planning an app
to do exactly what
your requesting but never got around to it. I'd ask
Howie Hamlin about it as
he's probably written or heard something that does
this for iMS.
If not, get a weeks worth of mail and look through it.
You'll start seeing
patterns that can be written into a fast RegEx library
using the return
header as a key to which regex to use.

> I am working with an iMail mailing list for a
> relatively large organization and need to work on a
> way to deal with bounced mailing list messages.
When
> the messages come back, they are delivered to the
> mailing list owner's mailbox.  What I'd like to do
is
> download the mail messages with CFPOP, figure out
the
> email address that bounced and then mark it off in
my
> database as a bouncing address (The mailing list is
> automatically synced up with a membership database).
>
> The problem I am having is that I am seeing alot of
> different formats for bounced mail messages.  I
could