You are the man! Though I've not tried it yet, I think that will work
perfectly.

New question... I simply copied the example out of the livedocs onto my
machine for the cfgrid (flash) control and it works fine, but I saved it
onto my production machine and it doesn't. It loads the grid, but gives
the little flash watch forever... I can see the grid, but the simple
data never loads. I even tried it without the loop, just one row of
static data -- same result.

Straight from the livedocs @ http://tinyurl.com/3w82w
<!--- Set two lists, each with the data for a grid column. --->
<cfset cities = "Rome,Athens,Canberra,Brasilia,Paris">
<cfset countries = "Italy,Greece,Australia,Brazil,France">
<cfform name = "cities">
   <cfgrid name="GeoGrid" autowidth = "yes" vspace = "4"
         height = "120" font="tahoma" rowheaders="no" format="FLASH">
      <cfgridcolumn name="City" header="City">
      <cfgridcolumn name="Country" header="Country">
      <!--- Loop through the lists using cfgridrow to poplulate the
grid. --->
      <cfloop index="i" from="1" to="#ListLen(cities)#">
         <cfgridrow data ="#ListGetAt(cities, i)#,#ListGetAt(countries,
i)#">
      </cfloop>
</cfform>ff

Any ideas welcome,