Michael pretty much already answered that.  If nothing else, a book on
the shelf adds credibility to the language/technology.  Seen any books
on Zope on the shelves at your local Barnes & Noble?  Know many people
who use Zope?  (Zope's been around almost as long as CF,
btw...certainly as long as ASP (if not longer))

What about public demand?  I think based on the few responses so far,
most would prefer printed text.  I find it difficult to sit and read a
book on a computer monitor (or worse, a PDA).  If I need a reference,
I'd much rather reach for the book I need and look in the index to
find what I'm after rather than open another browser window (or reader
window application), alt-tab back and forth between that, my code, the
browser that's outputting my page(s) (yeah, yeah, Charlie's only got
one monitor :P).

Is there any value in electronic publishing?  Sure.  I'm not saying
there isn't.  Biggest value would be the ability to update as patches
and upgrades are made public.  Look at Hal's CFC book.  There's little
doubt that the changes between MX 6 and MX 6.1 have significantly hurt
the overall value of that book.

That doesn't mean that there can't be an electronic delivery of errata
and updates (many authors of tech books -do- maintain web pages such
as these to complement the paper books).

Just doesn't seem to me that the +'s outweight the -'s (yet) of the
totally digital delivery of a book.  again...yet :)