Thanks, that's good information.  I'll explore a bit.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dawson, Michael [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, March 25, 2005 1:51 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: LDAP passwords

You need a SSL certificate to do this securely with LDAP.  I,
personally, think that is overkill.

However, the LDAP attribute is unicodePwd or something similar.

This is how I do it on the Windows platform:
I run ColdFusion as an domain account that is also an Account Operator
(has permissions to change passwords, among other things.)

Then, I use CFEXECUTE to call the NET USER command with the proper
arguments to change the user's password.

It is very easy and works quite well.

When I create new accounts and need to set a password, I use a custom
COM object I built that does it all.

M!ke