On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 05:02:42 -0500, dave <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Very true Scott and I can agree with most everything you say. My thing with
> Micha is that he assumes that everyone clients spend 200k+ on their websites
> and in which case sure they can afford to go for the extra service. But
> really what this was about are clients who spend a few thousand and/or really
> don't know the whole other end which is the host, which is our jobs to convey
> but truthfully most of them could careless and don't listen anyways but in
> the end it's deemed that it's the developers fault not the host because to
> them the host doesnt exist.

As if companies can't afford 200k hehehe.. yeah some companies do it
on the dodge while others (like my work) will happily part with $100k
to keep me from bugging them about writing UI in DHTML when FLEX is
available... i am spoiled..and i know it but i have had the misfortune
of working for companies where it was expected that I pirate the
software i need in order to do my job - thankfully those days are
behind me and i now just focus on pirating xbox ga...errr...umm..
hehehe..

I've seen Micha around the web quite a bit and can come off pretty
strong but nothing that would put my nose out of joint. He maybe
coming from the soft-enterprise world where I am sitting where it
rains money, lolliepops and rainbows every day - that or dilbert comic
- and its easy to simply fall into the trap of expecting companies to
spend money on situations that call for it - i myself follow this trap
often.

Yet it does strike at the heart of a problem, in that if a company
sole existance depends on something as critical as a website, then
they are stupid for not pooring the entire warchest into making sure
it works...

> The person who started this (connie) said she just listed some verifiable
> error or concerns on there forums which they promply deleted. I think in that
> situation the responsible thing to do for them was to leave the post and show
> that they fixed the issues. I was just saying my position is that thats thats
> what I like to see in a service provider for those poor souls who must depend
> on a shared hosting enviroment.
>
> Anyways, you gotta love the new version! Damn, I am having a blast with flash
> forms!

Yeah deletion of any public content online is typically a cowardly act
but its their play pen and if they don't like it, they can pick up
their toys and go home. Childish as it maybe but in 4 months time who
will remember what that post was about (or this one) and so the ripple
fades and life goes on.... ;)

--
Regards,
Scott Barnes