And unknown amount..can't you just return empty sets if now records exist
(unless you are using god awful dynamic SQL within the SP!

)

-----Original Message-----
From: Johnny Le [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 04 April 2005 16:07
To: CF-Talk
Subject: recordsets return by stored procedures?

Hi,

Is there a way to find out how many recordsets return by a stored procedure?
Or is there a way to merge all the recordsets in a stored procedure so that
it would only return 1 recordset?

I have a stored procedure that would return an unknown number of recordsets
depending on how many records we have in the database, but each recordset
will have the same number of columns and column names.  I need to know the
number of recorsets it will return so I can do a loop for the cfprocresult.

Johnny