While it does make sense for some tasks to be ported to Java, I actually
doubt that mail-blasting is one that would benifit, especially if you're
running enterprise. If not, still, CFMX queues up mail very quickly, and
6.1 is much more stable and efficient than 6.0 was with this.

I could see some related tasks, such as creating the content for your
mail, but not necessarily sending it. Of course ymmv, but generally, the
real issue is your mail server can't handle the amount of traffic. I
recommend iMail for windows, it's been very fast and stable, head and
shoulders above qMail on linux (but who knows, maybe it was our sysadmin).

-nathan strutz
http://www.dopefly.com/