He didnt rain on my parade.  I've been saying there's a problem with
installing JRUN in some cases (like for example mine) since CFMX6.0
came out.   When CFMX7 came out , I had problems installing it and had
forgotten that I was unable to install JRUN earlier.  I got CFMX6.0
going in the end by installing on a completely new hard drive with
nothing but a stock standard WinXPPro with no tweaks at all.  And I
got CFMX7 going by not having JRUN at all.  Running it on the built in
web server now.

So I still say there's a problem IN SOME CASES with installing the JRUN.

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
Certified Advanced ColdFusion Developer
AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com
ColdFusion, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from AUD$15/month