> -Yes, my reading of the docs agree that if you call
> -getCurrentTemplatePath() inside Application.cfm, it
> should return the
> -path of that Application.cfm file.

> Okay, S. Isaac seems to suggest that it misbehaves when:
> An external template calls a <cfscript>-defined UDF that,
> in turn, calls getCurrentTemplatePath(). It turns out that
> the caller of the *UDF* has *its* path reported. He notes
> that it doesn't behave this way when the UDF is defined in
> <cffunction>.

> I guess I'll send in a bug report, and make a note in the
> livedocs (of 6.1, and CFMX7 too, if it's confirmed that it
> still happens there).

> Thanks for both of your replies,
> Jamie

Well as far as I'm aware it's been this way since the release of
ColdFusion MX and I'd be surprised if they changed it in 7 -- I think
it was actually intentional... the reason being that if you were to
use <cfinclude> or <cfmodule> inside of a function created with the
<cffunction> tag, the relative path to the included template or module
must be relative to the template containing the <cffunction> tag. I
personally still think getCurrentTemplatePath() should return the path
to the currently executing template (instead of the function
template), but I suspect relative paths for cfinclude / cfmodule have
something to do with why it produces that result.

At this point there's a fair amount of code in use which observes the
difference, so "fixing" it would require many of us to modify our
existing code to check the version of CF to determine behavior. I
would be okay with that (although I might not like it), though some
people might be miffed.

Actually I take that back -- if by "fixing" you mean making it always
return the path to the template in which the function is declared (not
called), then I'd be pretty royally upset over it -- because I can't
think of another way to generate that information (which is vitally
important to my code) if the behavior were changed in that direction.

s. isaac dealey     954.522.6080
new epoch : isn't it time for a change?

add features without fixtures with
the onTap open source framework