That's basically how we've worked except for the source control. The "hey
bob" part just doesn't work though.

> Note that, to the best of my understanding, dream weaver has
> a rudimentary mechanism for locking files (based on some sort
> of temp file created on the server) - but that only works if
> everyone uses dream weaver. Also to the best of my
> understanding, VSS can be set up to provide protected editing
> (editing user locks the file) of a web site - but that only
> works if every one has a vss aware editor.

I'm quite familiar with how DW's system works. We just want to use other
tools too and still not overwrite each other. And VSS is out since our
server guys are anti-MS.

Ah well.

---
Kevin Graeme
Cooperative Extension Technology Services
University of Wisconsin-Extension