From: Matthew J. Vecera [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 19 April 2005 18:05
To: CF-Talk
Subject: CF7, IIS, Subdomain, SMTP - how to send mail?

Hi,

Hoping someone can help.

We have a site that is in the process of moving to a new host.  We setup a
subdomain on the NEW server so that they can test the application before
switching over completely.

The big difference between the two locations is the mail service.  In the
old location, we had the CF Administrator point to an iMail mailserver (on
a different box) ... worked great.

In the new environment (WIN2K3 if that matters) the client wants to use the
SMTP services installed via IIS (so its the same box as the web server) to
send all the mail.  (I would have thought that you needed MSExchange to do
this.)

I have the CFAdministrator pointing to the local IP Address and the
connection verified fine.  However, I cannot send any mail.  Nothing shows
up in the DROP or BADMAIL folders - nothing show up anywhere.

The client needs to know that the "mail sending" portion of the application
works before they make the switch official and I change the subdomain
(test.mydomain.com) over to the real domain name (www.mydomain.com).

Anyone have experience setting it up this way?

Matthew

---