There is a balance between doing anything I want and doing things that will
alienate list members. In the past I had graphic banner ads on the list
emails. Some did not like it and were vocal about it (even though there was
a non-graphic version of the emails). Some left. In the end, I removed them
as they just did more 'harm' than good. Having happy and useful people on
the lists is more important than email banners. I'm going to leave this
advertising in for a few more days and then re-evaluate it. If it causes
more 'harm' than good, then out it goes.