On 4/20/05, Rick Faircloth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The only ones to drop from the list would be those who thought
> they knew so much that they would rarely or never have a question
> that they needed an answer to, or those who already know everything
> and don't care to help others...

I disagree. I participate in a large number of mailing lists, learning
from others as well as helping others. Those lists are all free. Some
of them are also free of advertising. I give a lot of my time to
participate in the community so it already 'costs' me - and, yes, I
get value from it. I would not pay a subscription to a list - there's
plenty of other free lists. I don't subscribe to Community MX (a paid
service), I don't subscribe to any magazines (i.e., I don't pay - if a
magazine wants to send me a free subscription I might accept... that's
how I get InfoWorld and Software Development Magazine).
--
Sean A Corfield -- http://corfield.org/
Team Fusebox -- http://fusebox.org/

-- Margaret Atwood