No, you can move every single file out of the web root except the
index.cfmfile, your
Application.cfm file, and any files that MUST be web accessible like CSS
files or Javascript files. In your index.cfm file you just do something like
this:

<cfsilent>
<cfset FUSEBOX_APPLICATION_PATH = "../../appcode/myapp">
</cfsilent>
<cfinclude template="../../appcode/myapp/fusebox4.runtime.cfmx.cfm">

Hope that helps.