Let me guess, the users reporting this are on XP SP2? And maybe, not sure,
you're in a frame?

If I'm remembering right, it's a known bug in IE on that version of windows.
And if I'm remembering right again, the only solution we came up with was to
set the target for your download to window.parent.name. Don't know why this
helps; we just bushwacked, trying to get IE to not be thinking about that
window.

HTH, sorry to be vague.

Dave Merrill