Calvin,
 In a word yes. I think ColdFusion offers a better introduction to
programming than PHP.
 Even Adobe can't go toe to toe with Microsoft in marketing CF to
corporations. Macromedia always said that CF was a "bottom up" product.
 Well I can't think of a better way to get CF in the back door of
corporations than to introduce it to thousands of college students. I refuse
to believe that it will cripple them from going on to learn OOP and advanced
languages.
   Rick Mason