True. But I'm not saying _not_ to teach C# and Java for overall CS
skills. I'm saying after the general knowledge of CS is taught,
colleges should focus on web applications as they make up the majority
of the jobs. There are quite a bit of skills that need to be aquired
to develop enterprise web applications. I'm just saying that in the
many times I worked with fresh CS students, they were not equipped to
develop web applications as someone who had been using CF for a few
years.

Regardless if its CF, .NET or J2EE. There are completely different
skill sets in web development vs desktop development. Universities
seems to focus heavily on desktop development, even though the vast
majority of the students will end up in a job writing web
applications. So yes there are alot of fundamentals gained in desktop
development, but there are also alot of skills lacking for web
development.

-Adam