I'm thinking of going this route for another application, with one
exception, the DB read/write would be once.

That is, I'm thinking of storing HTML content in a DB, and, when
the HTML is completed for a given CF template, place each block of
HTML content in to its specific location on the CF template (which
could already contain some CF tags) and then write the file to disk.

This would be for simple websites, and would allow users to edit
HTML, but not CF.  (CF tags would be screened out of user input.)

I realize there are a few content managers out there.  And perhaps
some tags that do the more limited task I'm think of.

Suggestions?

best,  paul