Just a note on the URLS in BlogCFC. I realize they aren't.... pretty.
I tend to think people worry a bit too much about URLs though so I
haven't spent a lot of time working on it.

Also - I know I could use a slimmer format - but I don't want to have
to worry about testing in IIS and Apache.

As a test, I modified my most recent blog (www.yandrfaily) so that it
uses slightly shorter URLs, basically host/uuid. I used IISRewrite on
the server to handle the url conversion.

This is what I recommend to folks. If you use Apache, use it's native
rewriting power. If you use IIS, use IISRewrite. You then only need to
modify the index.cfm and the RSS file. Modifying yandrdaily took about
5 minutes.