Just wanted to quickly clarify a few things. Rick you were probably looking at
version 3.5 for the BF feature list.

>These are the reasons why I wrote my own blog app as opposed to using
>Ray's or buying Jake's:
>
>  - Multiple blogs in a single database / file structure

This is going to happen in the next release. The database structure is there, I
just need to work out the UI issues and tweak the code (then test like mad). I
didn't want to hold up the 4.0 release though.

>  - I like free =)  BlogCFC is free, but BlogFusion is not.

Not free for commercial use, no. But with the 4.0 launch, I've made the pricing
for non-commercial/non-profit/user group license pretty dang cheap - a purchase
off my Amazon wishlist, which includes items as low as $5.

>  - I wanted more search engine friendly URLS.  You know, URL's
>    that don't contain UUIDs =)

Like Ray, I'm just not convinced that there is much need for this. It's more of
judgement call at this point, since (as I understand it) Google and other major
search engines can handle query strings just fine.

That said, I've been thinking about changing it just to have it changed. Maybe
in an upcoming release.

>  - Integrated HTML editor for posting

I actually looked at this quite a bit. I research a number of blog systems, as
wel las conducted some HIGHLY informal research. I even threw together quick
demo and had my friends run through it. Across the board, the request was to
just make it simple. I've included some basic options like bold/italic/link. I
also figured it was a better way to go, since HTML tends to create much much
larger entries in the database per comment. Again, judgement call really.

>  - Integrated file manager for uploading images and stuff.

You definetely have me here. Your file manager is a terrific application.

>  - More security options to prevent comment spam.

Yeah, this was priority number one for me. I've added comment moderation, email
verification (click link in email before comment goes up), and captcha
requirement. All of which can be toggled on/off.

>  - photo blogs

Version 4.0 now includes a photoblog built in.

>  - support multiple CFML engines *AND* multiple databases.

Version 4.0 now supports Access, MS SQL, and MySQL. I've not tested against BD
yet, however.

Rick, you have a great app, and I've been impressed with how fast it's been
created. Not meaning to try to play one-up at all, just want to make sure that
things are clear!

Jake
blogfusion.com