> I'm not sure what you're asking and want to be.

> Ben and Isaac (a biblical sounding pair if ever
> I've heard one) have already shown you several
> methods for accessing arbitrary form fields.
> My confusion is your mention of <CFPARAM>.

> CFPARAM has nothing specifically to do with
> Forms - it's there to provide default values
> for known variables that may, for some reason,
> not be received.  Its most often used for the
> FORM and URL scopes but can be used for any
> scope at all.

I was confused by this at first and thought wat I was reading about
PHP was a description of a pre-generated array containing an array of
any possible combination of characters of any length, starting with
"A" and ending with an indeterminate number of extended ascii
characters... Then it dawned on me that he probably hadn't discovered
the form scope yet and was doing something like this:

<cfparam name="x" default="">

instead of this:

<cfparam name="form.x" default="">

I'm still not entirely certain how that comes across as the question
he asked, except perhaps that he's trying to scope his variables as
say "variables.x" instead of "form.x" without first copying them down
from the form scope into the variables scope, so the server produces
an error when it doesn't see "variables.firstname" even though the
firstname input element was a text input. I'm trying to remember if
<cfparam name="x" default=""> inserts a value into the variables scope
if there's a form field matching that variable name... It's been so
long since I've used cfparam without scoping the name that I can't
remember what the behavior is.

s. isaac dealey   954.522.6080
new epoch : isn't it time for a change?

add features without fixtures with