have not seen that issue, we do have issues with CFLDAP under load though,
it flakes out. I'm writing a Java POJO right now to replace it, this might
help your situation also, dunno. After I get it working and tested I'll
release it around here.
 I do see this issue with cfquery though. If the DB server is down, in my
case if the TNS listner is not listening, the tag gets all hung up. This is
something I really wish they would get working better, wished this since
like version 4. Luckly its a very rare case that our phat Oracle box has
issues.
 DK