It could be a limitation of the ODBC driver you are using for SQL Server.  Have
you upgraded to the newer ODBC driver for SQL Server 7?

Mary

|--------+------------------------------>
|        |          "Paul Johnston"     |
|        |          <paul.johnston@creat|
|        |          iveit.com>          |
|        |                              |
|        |          09/18/2000 06:38 AM |
|        |          Please respond to   |
|        |          cf-talk             |
|        |                              |
|--------+------------------------------>
  |       To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                    |
  |       cc:     (bcc: Mary Baotic/na/Hyperion)                               |
  |       Subject:     RE-posting: WDDX problems (URGENT)                      |

Replying to my own post to explain it a bit better.

We are running several Cold Fusion 4.5 servers from one MS SQL Server 7.

On all but the one we want it to work on, the error below is occurring.  The
error is that the WDDX packet is incomplete (ie it is not an XML Packet).
What happens is that I insert a wddx packet into the database and then
retrieve it from the database on the next page (the reason for this is that
we can't use cookies, and we need some way of tracking a person through the
site, so a simple ID is created, and follows the person through the site).
It definitely goes completely into the database (I've checked it).  However,
when I retrieve the packet on the next page, only 255 characters are
retrieved from the database, which means that any wddx packet of larger than
255 characters is not complete when returned.

The wierd thing about this is that all of the Cold Fusion servers appear to
be set up the same, the datasources appear to be set up the same, and all
use the same SQL Server with the same database and the same tables.  Putting
the site on another IP address (ie a different server) means that it works.
On the one we need, it doesn't

Has anyone seen Cold Fusion only retrieve a 255 characters from the SQL
Server when there are blatantly more in there?  It doesn't appear to be a
SQL Server error, because if it was, then it would happen on the other sites
too and the packet probably wouldn't go into the database correctly.

This is a big problem and still very URGENT.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Paul