You could use Java to invoke the Web service. It takes some time to get through
the setup the first time you want to do it, but you can use WSDL2Java to
generate Java classes to invoke the Web service, then you can write a wrapper
class in Java to access the Web service classes. Calling your wrapper class
from CF is easy.

<shameless_plug>
I have an article on the subject in the May CFDJ if you want to check it out.
The article walks you through the basic steps of setting up the IDE, using
WSDL2Java, and building a wrapper class.

http://cfdj.sys-con.com/read/86131.htm

I am doing a presentation on the topic at the San Diego UG tonight. My talk
tonight will go into more detail on how you use very complex Web services with
this method.
</shameless_plug>

Rob

> I'm currently working with a client who's attempting to consume a
> secure
> WSDL web service which uses a security mechanism similar to PayPal's
> web
> service. When you sign up to use PayPal's web service, they send you
> the
> public key which you then install in your JVM. (It's like installing
> public key in your browser, only since the "browser in this case is
> Cold
> Fusion, the key needs to be installed in the JVM.)
>
> Here's a reference:
> http://groups-beta.google.com/group/macromedia.coldfusion.
component_develop>
ment/browse_thread/thread/1f44ebc4b830e50a/f1b338a3de949825?q=cfinvok