That has HUGE implications.  Like making every single other request
currently executing error.  That's only safe to do if you can ensure
that the request running that code is the only request currently
executing in a way that might depend on the existance of an
application variable.  That's theoretically possible to accomplish,
but somewhat complicated unless you've been 100% on the ball with
Application scope locks for every application-scope reference in your
entire application.

Which isn't to say that's not useful.  It's very close to what I use
to clear my app variables and regenerate them.  But it's imperative
that you still ensure that no one is using the server when you execute
it.  It doesn't relieve that burden in any way.

cheers,
barneyb

--
Barney Boisvert