If you are running CF Enterprise, you can use the Archive and Deploy system
built into the CF Admin. I started using it when we went through Sarbanes-Oxley
remediation. I get a ticket for a change, I make the changes, they go through
production control processing, then I create an archive on my test system with
all of the files I need to deploy to the production system. The archive name is
the ticket number. I move the archive to production, deploy it, and I have a
history of everything I have done to the system. We don't have any huge
clusters, so I do this all machine by machine. My team doesn't like it because
it takes longer than other deployment methods, but it creates a very good audit
trail, which is important to me.

I could, in theory, have a non-CF person (e.g. a system admin) do the
deployment of the archives into production, which would provide another level
of separation of duties (big for SOX), but we're not quite there yet.

My company's flagship product is a Service Management solution, it does
everything you could every dream of and more in that space. It's a really cool
product, but it is probably overkill times 100 for what you need. If you are
curious you can read all about it on our Web site:

www.peregrine.com

Rob