Thanks for the reply, Nathan.

Let's say that I've considered those options (and I actually have), but decided
to try J2EE session sharing.

The session sharing part works great, however, I *think* I don't want the
"application sharing" bit, but maybe someone can talk me out of my reservations
about it...

Anyway, say I've got CFMX clustered--one instance on Machine A and another on
Machine B:

If something hoses up CF on Machine B (an endless loop, for instance), I don't
want Machine A's cluster to keep trying to serve up my CF app from Machine B.

What I'd like to do is detect Machine B's problem and pull it out of my
(hardware) load balancer's farm. Problem is, I can't know which application I'm
hitting (local or remote), therefore I can't detect which server is hung.

Please let me know if I need to elaborate further...

Thanks,
Jamie