You could use client variables (but I don't recommend it).

You could put your session data into a database. It's about the same,
but gives you more control and doesn't require clustering (or the
expensive CF Enterprise ed.)

You could roll your own clustering type of software... serializing and
deserializing of data, transmitting to other servers... ya, not a good
idea really. It will start to get complicated and possibly more
cumbersome than the payoff.

You could roll your own state server, but that's not going to be easier.
In fact, it could be a lot more complex.

I don't know exactly what problem you're trying to solve. If you just
want to know what server you're on, why not do some kind of special
login thing like: if (isDefined("cookie.Jamie")) {writeOutput("you are
on server: " & some_server_id_variable)}. Put that in your
OnRequestEnd.cfm or onRequestEnd() method in your Application.cfc, or
have a special .cfm file that only you know the location to (and/or is
password protected) that tells you what server you're on. Refresh it a
number of times to see if you get bounced to another server.

-nathan strutz
http://www.dopefly.com/