> S.Isaac Dealey wrote:
>>>
>>> Files: use the snapshot capabilities from your OS/FS
>>
>> For an application that might be deployed on any given
>> OS/FS?

> Which OS/FS on which CFMX is supported does not have
> snapshot capabilities?

Don't they vary from one OS to the next? ...

Granted, Andy's probably only looking to make this work for the one
application (os/database/platform), I just tend to think about
anything that I'm building in the context of it being useful on other
projects later. An audit trail that could be used to roll-back tasks
performed in an application is such a generic idea/system that if I
were building it, I would definately want something that I could plug
into any given CF application and have it working with minimal effort.
With that objective, relying on the OS or the rdbms which might change
and which have different interfaces is going to provide the least
amount of control and create the largest volume of work involved in
integrating it into any given new environment.

s. isaac dealey   954.522.6080
new epoch : isn't it time for a change?

add features without fixtures with
the onTap open source framework