The problem is that the offending data is in the csv file which is being
turned into a query result using QuerySetCell().  That doesn't support
setting a type.

If I do the cast in the other query, QoQ throws an error saying that the
comparison of the two different data types is not supported...

Oh if only we could move to 7.  But that is not an option.

--Jeff