> Fusebox doesn't write any XML files (only generates CFML pages in the
> parsed/ folder). You can specify, in index.cfm, where the application
> root is prior to including the core file.

Yah, I misspoke - I meant the cfm files - the stuff in the parsed directory.

> Well, if you have a framework that routes every request through
> index.cfm, Contribute is going to have a hard time because it can't
> figure out where the view files are.

Yep, I knew fusebox was out, for those projects that meld contribute
and fusebox.

> Contribute is good for managing static or nearly static content that
> is navigable through regular URLs.
>
> > some includes for layouts - but every page still has to have the
> > html/head/body tags for Contribute to be happy, and the "protecting"
> > of script still leaves a bit to be desired.
>
> If you create templates with Dreamweaver, then you have much more
> protection since Contribute will only allow editing of "editable"
> parts of the templates, i.e., not the navigation, styles etc.

We do use DW templates - however, there's no way (at least that our
DW/Contribute person has found - but I haven't investigated myself) to
indicate that "here's a section of a template that DW can modify, but
that Contribute can't." In other words, if I want to have a CF widget
on page x, but not on page y - and I really really don't want any
contribute people to get near it, I'd have to have a different
template for x and y, so that I can put the widget in a noneditable
area on x, even though it's in what would be an editable content area
on y. Make sense? Extrapolate that out to a large site that uses a
bunch of different widgets, and you end up with a lot of DW templates
to maintain, or you end up taking your chances that people will leave
the little yellow CF shields alone (not always what happens).

Of course, it's quite possible that the person that's designing the DW
templates is missing some major and obviously better way to do it.