On 7/8/05, S. Isaac Dealey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The Application.cfc in the nested directory will omit the
> Application.cfc code in the parent directory... this means that much
> of the code to set these variables would need to be duplicated in both
> cfc's. What I read (and I could be misinterpreting) is that he wanted
> a way to eliminate the need to duplicate that code.

Why not make the Application.cfc in the subfolder inherit (extend) the
Application.cfc in the root folder? This will eliminate duplication.
Here is a quote from a CF technote about extending the ColdFusion MX 7
application framework: "You can set/implement everything that applies
to all your applications at the top level, and then inherit from it as
many levels deep as you need to. If you need to override something in
a lower level Application.cfc, you have that ability as well." Read
the whole technote here:
http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=9ce734f4

--
Eddie Awad.