How many times would it really matter if it did? I have seen sometimes where
a "new app" would start off at say ID value of 143 just because of all the
testing and not resetting the sequence never seemed to be an issue though.
 Guess I just look at it differently, because the way I look at it is if the
CFTRANSACTION is not going to hurt anything to be used then why the heck not
use it around even something so simple as the basic insert vs lots of
inserts/updates. Seems like the only difference is one way saves you from
typing the opening/closing transaction tags. But if less typing were the
goal then I'd say the SP would lead to the least amount of typing, at least
within the CFM files.