Well that's not the only reason to avoid cftransaction where it's not
needed... You can't nest cftransactions, so if for some (who knows)
reason you found yourself needing to cfinclude two separate templates
within a cftransaction (or different method calls or whatever) you'd
get an error if the included template (or method call) has its own
cftransaction. Most of the time it's not an issue, and usually when it
does it's not a large issue, but it's something to consider.

> How many times would it really matter if it did? I have
> seen sometimes where
> a "new app" would start off at say ID value of 143 just
> because of all the
> testing and not resetting the sequence never seemed to be
> an issue though.
>  Guess I just look at it differently, because the way I
>  look at it is if the
> CFTRANSACTION is not going to hurt anything to be used
> then why the heck not
> use it around even something so simple as the basic insert
> vs lots of
> inserts/updates. Seems like the only difference is one way
> saves you from
> typing the opening/closing transaction tags. But if less
> typing were the
> goal then I'd say the SP would lead to the least amount of
> typing, at least
> within the CFM files.

>  On 7/11/05, Douglas Knudsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>  wrote:
>>

>> note a rollback does not effect sequences.

s. isaac dealey   954.522.6080
new epoch : isn't it time for a change?

add features without fixtures with
the onTap open source framework