>>can you post a more informative error message?

OK - I put in some pseudo variables instead of using the ones from Flash
Remoting and got this when I call the CFC from a CFM:

----------------------
Error Executing Database Query.
[Macromedia][SequeLink JDBC Driver][ODBC Socket][Microsoft][ODBC
Microsoft Access Driver] The table 'Lessons' is already opened
exclusively by another user, or it is already open through the user
interface and cannot be manipulated programmatically.

The error occurred in
C:\CFusionMX7\wwwroot\com\macromedia\test\updateDatabase_2.cfc: line 11
Called from
C:\CFusionMX7\wwwroot\com\macromedia\test\invokeUpdateDB2CFC.cfm: line 2
Called from
C:\CFusionMX7\wwwroot\com\macromedia\test\updateDatabase_2.cfc: line 11
Called from
C:\CFusionMX7\wwwroot\com\macromedia\test\invokeUpdateDB2CFC.cfm: line 2

9 :                     UPDATE Lessons
10 :                    SET Lesson = <cfqueryparam
cfsqltype="CF_SQL_VARCHAR" value="#lesson#">
11 :                    WHERE ID = <cfqueryparam
cfsqltype="CF_SQL_INTEGER" value="#row#">
12 :         </cfquery>
13 :         <cfreturn #lesson#>

Not sure how its being used by someone else, this is all being done
locally on my workstation and only have ColdFusion accessing the access
database.  I am also only using the Developer edition of ColdFusion MX
7, but that shouldn't matter because you get 2 IP addresses to connect
anyway, right?

What's going on here?

Jason Merrill   |   E-Learning Solutions   |  icfconsulting.com