From: Michael T. Tangorre
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, July 17, 2005 10:12 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: OT/SOT: ColdFusion Word Doc Sharing

> From: E C list [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Folks- I've been tasked to come up with a way for
television
> script writers to share and co-edit word docs. It
would need
> to be an online solution, because they are
distributed around
> the USA. Only one editor at a time needs to edit the

> document, and they don't need to collaborate in
> real-time...but changes need to be tracked.
>
> I've been trying to figure out what's the best way
to handle
> this among several options.  The one that's winning
right now
> is to basically have people use Microsoft Word as
they are
> used to, and then upload revisions of a document to
an
> intranet that will show previous versions of said
document.

> I've also thought about some sort of WIKI-like
environment,
> but one concern is they kind of need the editor to
have
> features like Microsoft word has (for instance
pagination,
> and tracking changes, easy to work with tables,
etc.) (Can
> anyone point me at a free ColdFusion based Wiki
environment?)

Not a ColdFusion solution, but we have offices all
over the world and use
Microsoft Sharepoint for exactly this. If you have the
$ for it, it is a
great solution.

Mike T.