>I thought a mail attachment *HAD* to come from a file in a directory on the
>server.
>I usually drop it in a temp directory, then clean it up after cfmail runs.
>
>Will

The only reason it *HAS* to come from a file is so the mail.jar (or whatever
.jar or process that does the mail processing) can create the correct mail
boundary part(s).  If you are curious as to what I am talking about, send
yourself an email with an attachment and then look at both the .cfmail file in
the Spool dir and the email message source in your client.

The <cfmailpart> tag is halfway there, it will let you define the mail part as
"application/pdf" however it won't let you specify that the contents of that
part are encoded via base64 (a necessary step so the mail client knows how to
interpret that mail part as a valid attachment)

Jeff