1. read through the list of all the CF tags and their descriptions. DO NOT
READ THEIR ATTRIBUTES YET. Just know their names and what they do. If one of
them looks like its important, write it down on a piece of paper for later.
Pay attention to tags that look like they are 'common' (like CFSET, CFHTTP,
etc.). Write these on the side as well. Make sure that you know the function
of some of the obscure tags like CFLDAP. You don't need the attributes, but
you should know what it is and does.
2. Take all the tags you wrote down (interesting and important) and read
through them again. Pay attention to their required attributes. You don't
need them all, but should know what's expected in a general sense.
3. Repeat this step with the functions.
4. Group the tags and functions into logical groups for your own use. string
functions vs. math functions, network tags (CFHTTP, CFLDAP) vs. DB tags
(CFQUERY, CFSTOREDPROC)
5. Using the group from step 4, group the tags into 'programming technique'
segments. These should be things like error handling, intelligent agents,
state management, etc. They can be as simple as how to upload an image. (You
wouldn't imagine how many people forget the enctype on that one).
6. The test does cover some html, so do the same steps for that as well.
Know the major tags, what's 'not allowed' in html 4.0, what's usable only
with what other tags, etc. I fell down on this part of the test.
7. Review your SQL. Know what is 'standard' and what is access only. I
mention this as access is still the 'standard' DB with CF, but they have
some non-standard features. Know your core commands (Select, insert, update,
delete), your where's and your joins.
8. Have someone test you by asking you questions. Let them go through the
Allaire course description for their courses and think up fast questions.
Have them also go through ALL of the tags and functions and ask questions on
them as well. Having someone ask random questions will help you think and
remember.

These steps should help you both with the exam and with learning CF better.
The one thing I didn't mention is that to really know it, you have to use
it. Write stuff. Even silly, small and useless stuff. Know a technique by
using the technique.

Michael Dinowitz
Publisher - The Fusion Authority (www.fusionauthority.com/alert)
ListManager - CF-Talk, CF-Jobs, Spectra-Talk, JRun-Talk, etc.
(www.houseoffusion.com)