From: Charlie Griefer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, August 12, 2005 9:52 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Studio 8 announced

On 8/12/05, Will Tomlinson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >As for the comments about not buying t-shirts, what the heck did that

> >have to do with anything? I personally am not a fan of the shirts
> >that were made and wouldn't put them in the category of "Cool
> >coldfusion gear" in my opinion, but it's a start. I applaud Will for
> >starting something and giving it a try.
>
> Jeeez! Well thanks ... I guess. *I* think they're pretty killer
> lookin', and most of the comments I've received have been very
> positive. Just depends on everyones' tastes I guess. I'm workin' on
> some new designs too. :)

Will:

It's nothing to take offense at.  Not everything is going to appeal to
everyone.  I say this because...well, I don't particularly care for the
shirts either.  I'm glad that most of the comments you've received have
been positive, and I'm glad there are people who like 'em and are buying
'em.  I've never voiced an opinion ('til now) because I never saw a
reason to say something that might seem considered derogatory (and
again, it's not...it's just a matter of preference).

So why say something now?  Because Dave, in all of his infinite wisdom
and grammatical errors felt it necessary to suggest that we must not be
buying Will's shirts because we're "cheap".  Well, sorry Dave, but I
don't see where you have the right to suggest that of anybody.  You
don't know how much any of us make, nor do you know our financial
situations.  Yeah, I do ok...no, I don't make $45/hr.  But even though I
do OK, I do have a wife and 2 kids and I've been selfish enough to spend
my money on stuff like...oh, sending my daughter to camp, or preschool,
or taking them different places on the weekends since we don't get to
spend as much time together during the week as we'd like to.  There's
mortgage, car payments, and all of those fun things.  But God forbid I
don't show my support for the community by not buying a shirt.  For you
to even suggest that we're all "cheap" and "pathetic"
is appreciated by the community as a whole, I'm sure.

--
Charlie Griefer

"...All the world shall be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies,
and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must
catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with a swift warning.
Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed."