From: Ian Skinner [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 12 August 2005 16:47
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Studio 8 announced

The various comments that have been made here about may be true, but the
client really isn't going to give a hoot about such things are they.

Russ

Now that depends on your client now doesn't it.  If the majority of your
clients are small mom and pop operations then what you claim is probably
true.

On the other hand, most of my development life has been behind corporate
firewalls.  There are other factors for these kinds of clients; such as
security.  We have to deal with HIPPA regulations.  And I can say that we
are much more likely to pay for a solution, if that solution can be said to
be more secure, better documented and have an accountable support system
that we can rely on if there is a problem.

So as with most things in life, it depends on your perspective.

--------------
Ian Skinner
Web Programmer
BloodSource
www.BloodSource.org
Sacramento, CA

"C code. C code run. Run code run. Please!"
- Cynthia Dunning

Confidentiality Notice:  This message including any attachments is for the
sole use of the intended
are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete any
copies of this message.