----- Original Message -----
From: "Smith, Melanie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, September 22, 2000 2:06 PM

> We're looking for a quick and dirty discussion forum/bulletin board
> application and have downloaded Allaire Forums.  YIKES...  It seems a little
> error prone, example: we added a new user, registered, etc. then it tells us
> it will be sending us an email notification and then it gives us a nice big
> fat error message.  The only user that we can get working is the
> administrator - it works but is excruciatingly slow (almost to the point
> where we thought it had hung on us).  Would upgrading it to SQL Server help

I am running Forums 2.06 on a very low powered development server with SQL
Server, with no problems at all. There is a Verity problem with the default
install, which needs a manual workaround.

Without trying to cause a flame war here - there is no way I would consider
running any Internet facing server with Access, although for local Intranet's it
might be OK.

Adrian Cooper.