Tom McNeer wrote:
> We have a long-time client who has a new CIO, and he has decided that
> the CF applications which we have built for them over the past three
> years will be migrated to the .NET framework.
>
> This isn't a debatable decision, so I'm not asking for ammunition
> against the change. It's going to happen.
>
> Fortunately, it appears as if they will allow us to make the
> migration, since we know both their business and the existing apps.
> Unfortunately, we have not been developing applications using .NET.
>
> So -- what resources would you folks suggest for CF Developers needing
> to learn to use the .NET framework? Adam and David Churvis have
> offered a class specifically for this purpose in the past, but they
> don't seem to have one scheduled at the moment. I'll try to contact
> them directly.
>
> Books, online resources (including MS, of course), whatever. What's
> been helpful to you?

I suggest looking at:
"Migrating from ColdFusion to ASP.NET"
Author: Joel Mueller, Microsoft Corporation

ColdFusion MX and ASP.NET as well as common task scenarios for each application
development framework are included. (25 printed pages)

<http://tinyurl.com/h8tx>
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/e
n-us/dnaspp/html/coldfusiontoaspnet.asp>