Russ wrote:
> What is the general recommendation now of what to use on Windows Server
> 2003?  Is IIS 6 better then apache, or is apache still the preferred
> solution for performance, security, etc.

I do a lot of work with both, and while I like Apache and I find it
easier to manage configuration data, doing SSL with IIS is *FAR* easier.

I think Microsoft took a beating with the security issues in IIS 5 and
did a pretty good job of making IIS 6 a much more robust product.

Apache still has things that you can't do with IIS like loadable modules
and .htaccess files, but as is typical for Microsoft, they're taking the
best featurs of other products and implementing them - IIS 7 has support
for both (although they don't call them .htaccess files, I think they're
actually XML configuration files)

Rick