> Hello all,
>
> I have set up MySQL on my local box, everything works fine until I try
> to use a password when creating a datasource in CF Administrator.  I
> get the "1045 Access Denied" error.  I am able to create the
> datasource fine if I don't use a password, so I know the issue is not
> caused by incorrect privileges in the mysql.user or mysql.db tables.
> Also if I do set up the datasource without a password, and try to use
> a password in a cfquery, I get the same error.
>
> My platform: Windows XP SP2/CFMX 6.1/MySQL 4.1
>
> Thanks for any assistance!

I use SQL server (not sure how similar this is to MySQL) and there were two
options when setting it up either use windows authentication or combined
windows and sql authentication....

I chose windows authentication which means I don't have to pass the username
and password as windows does that. Maybe that is what is happening in your
case? I just modify my application template (on my PC) to reflect no username
and password (as on the hosted server they are required).

<cfscript>
  request.login="";
  request.password="";
</cfscript>

Incidently I found the whole process of setting up SQL Server locally a total
nightmare but eventually I figured it out!

Andrew.