>> Yeah, that was my interpretation... I didn't mean to
>> imply that I
>> thought commercial components would be included in the
>> COAL download
>> -- merely that it would be permissible for commercial
>> components to be
>> implemented via COAL.
>>

> Yes, thats true.  Honestly the way COAL is set up though,
> there isn't
> much I could do to keep that from being a possibility ;)
> But it is a
> good option for some to have I suppose.

Well asside from licensing... You could very well declare in the
license that it's not permissible to integrate commercial components
through COAL, although I would think that would be contrary to the
desire for increased involvement in the project. I figured COAL would
probably be going more toward something like an OpenBSD license which
scarcely says anything other than "tell people you use it, tell people
we made it, and tell people we're not responsible if they have
problems with it".

s. isaac dealey     954.522.6080
new epoch : isn't it time for a change?

add features without fixtures with