Thanks Mike, that fixed it. :)

I'd seen the other technote but it didn't look to me from the
description of it not being able to write some files that my problem
was being described, so I hadn't bothered to check the workaround at
the bottom. When you suggested it I went ahead and tried it anyway,
but it didn't help. Uninstalling SP1 did work -- oddly, I couldn't get
the CF Admin to load in a browser until I'd reinstalled SP1.
Frustrating, but at least it's set up now... now I'm dealing with a
totally different problem, trying to set up an MSDE server on that
machine and not having any luck... I was able to get it installed once
but then couldn't connect to it with anything (MS SQL Enterprise
Manager, CF, ODBC) except a 3rd party tool called MSDE Manager (from
WhiteBear I think it was)... Good to know the thing was working, but
completely unhelpful if I can't connect to it with CF... So I
uninstalled it to try again and now I can't get it reinstalled...
<sigh>... just another day in freaking nothing works as advertised
land...

> do you have SP1 installed already?  If so, uninstall CF
> and uninstall
> SP1 and run the installer again.  Then reapply SP1.

> There's a known installer error w/ SP1 on 2k3

> later,
> Mike

> S. Isaac Dealey wrote:
>> Why is it that the JNDI listen port is ALWAYS the problem
>> that
>> prevents CF from installing? ... I've got a new Win2003
>> server I'm
>> trying to install my CF server on and I can't get the
>> webserver
>> connector to find the listen port... I've checked to make
>> sure there
>> isn't a firewall, proxy or anti-virus affecting it, and
>> there isn't...
>> I've manually configured the JNDI listen port and
>> executed the
>> connector from the command line and still nothing.
>>
>> So in lieu of that, I've tried to manually connect it by
>> manually
>> adding the .cfm and .cfc mappings in IIS to
>> (C:\CFusionMX7\runtime\lib\wsconfig\jrunwin32.dll). I'm
>> able to get an
>> index.htm file in web root via a browser, but trying to
>> get a .cfm
>> file in the same directory produces a 404 error...
>>
>> I'm at my wit's end.

s. isaac dealey     954.522.6080
new epoch : isn't it time for a change?

add features without fixtures with