From: Damien McKenna [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2005 11:25 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Please help correct an assumption regarding Application.cfm

I have an assumption regarding Application.cfm that I'm starting to
question.

It was my understanding that the Application.cfm file was
loaded+compiled the first time when a file in that directory was loaded,
e.g. the first time someone loads index.cfm the Application.cfm file for
that directory was loaded.  After that the file was not loaded+compiled
again until it was changed, i.e. a new version was uploaded.  Further
from that, it was also my understanding that the same was true for all
files cfinclude'd from Application.cfm.  Are my assumptions correct?

The reason I ask is that today one of our sites trapped an error that
suggests otherwise.  The Application.cfm for all of our sites loads a
shared file which sets some common variables - DSN names, common URLs,
etc, all of which are stored in the Application scope.  The error that
was logged said that one of these variables was not set, which does not
make sense based on my assumptions above.

So any ideas on why this might have happened?

Thanks.

--
Damien McKenna - Web Developer - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
The Limu Company - http://www.thelimucompany.com/ - 407-804-1014